Sunday, February 21, 2010

FAST FORWARD...JUST BRIEFLY


There is much to tell about the Fleet family who lived here from 1842 until 1996. But, I discovered a letter amongst some old papers two days ago, written by Mrs. Fleet to her eldest son Fred who ended up fighting in the Civil War from the beginning until the surrender at Appomattox. He was there at Appomattox. Anyway, this letter which I have transcribed is now viewable as a page on this site (look to the left in the "sidebar" area). I have skipped forward several years by posting this and will certainly fill in the gap in the upcoming posts, but I wanted to put this out there while I had it fresh in my mind. It's a glimpse into their future, and into our past. I hope you will enjoy the letter and that it will encourage you to return to read more about this family. Take care...Tere

No comments:

Post a Comment